Dwarfism

Inheritance Graph

Inheritance of Recessive Traits.

By crossing a carrier sire and dam (both heterozygous for dwarfism, or Dd), the potential combinations of genetic inheritance include a 25% chance of a DD, or homozygous normal calf, a 25% chance of a dd, or homozygous mutant (bulldog) calf, or a 50% chance of a Dd calf, or heterozygous dwarf 

Categories:
Discovery Zone:

Genetic Defects in Cattle

Dr. Terry Stewart, Purdue University, discusses the genetic defects, Syndactyly and Polydactyly, Dwarfism and Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone).

Wishlist

You have nothing on your wishlist.

Comparison Queue

Add up to 3 items, press 'compare' for side-by-side comparison.

You have nothing in your comparison queue.